Another new recipe I tried with chicken breasts, which is a staple in our household! ;-)
· 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 2 teaspoons garlic salt
· 2 teaspoons paprika
· Pineapple Salsa (Recipe Follows)
· Garnish: Lime slices, if desired
1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
2. Rub evenly with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with chili powder, garlic salt, and paprika.
|Rub Chicken With Olive Oil|
|Rub In Seasoning on Both Sides of Chicken|
3. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with Pineapple Salsa. Garnish, if desired.
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients:
· 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
· 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
· 2 tablespoons orange juice
· 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
· 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
· 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
· 1 (15-ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
|I used Freeze-Dried Cilantro|
Pic also shows Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
1. Stir together first 6 ingredients.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add pineapple slices, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Coarsely chop pineapple. (Cook's Note: All I had on hand was CRUSHED pineapple, so if you use crushed or chunk pineapple, you obviously don't have to chop it after it cooks!)
|Cooked Pineapple in Melted Butter|
Combine cooked pineapple with red bell pepper mixture. Serve with grilled chicken.
|Adding Pineapple to Peppers-Cilantro Mixture|
|Stir to Combine and Get Ready to Serve!|
Store in refrigerator and slightly heat leftover salsa prior to serving again. Makes 2 cups.