Have you ever woke up on a weekend morning and wanted a nice homemade sweet bread with your coffee, but didn't want a lot of hassle and time waiting on dough to rise and all that? Well, here's a good recipe for you!
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. For the filling, in a small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mixture over the bottom of a 9x9 enclosed pan or inside the muffin tin (if that's what you'd like to use to bake these).
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cut in softened butter (you can use a pastry blender utensil or like me, use your hands!)
|You can use a Pastry Blender to cut butter into flour mixture or...|
|...just use your hands! :-)|
4. Stir in milk to form a soft dough.
|This is how dough should look after stirring in milk.|
5. Roll out dough on a lightly floured into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
6. Spread the remaining filling on the rolled out dough.
7. Roll up the rectangle, with a sharp knife slice into 12-18 rolls (depends on how big you want them to be. Try to cut them about the same size so that they are all done at the same time!
|Cut Section of Roll|
9. Bake for 20-25 min at 400°F.
|Hot from the oven...ready for glazing!|
10. For glaze, whisk powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and stir until smooth. (*Cook's Note:* It's always better to sift powdered sugar for glazes and frostings to ensure a smooth consistency with no lumps.)
Once rolls are finished, drizzle on glaze and serve warm.
|You can drizzle by pouring slowly from bowl, or use a spoon.|
For a printable version, CLICK HERE !